Price: GHC 2000
Course Date: JAN FEB MARCH APRIL MAY JUNE
Study method: Classroom
Duration: 4 Days
Qualification: IOSH Managing Safely
Awarded by: Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Additional info: Final Exam & Lunches are included
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) are committed to creating a world of work which is safe, healthy and sustainable. They’re not just the biggest health and safety membership organization in the world, they are also the only Chartered body for health and safety professionals.
This training programme is designed for any individual who has organizational responsibilities for managing health and safety risks, resources and workplace practices.
Managing safely is unlike any other safety and health course.
Why? Because it delivers practical step-by-step guidance with a sharp business focus that’s hands-on and jargon-free. The innovative format and content is engaging and inspiring – critical to embedding safety and health throughout your entire organization.
- Provide knowledge and tools required to manage safely
- Achieve internationally recognized and respected certification
- Provide efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics covered in a single programme
- Managers can attend the Managing Safely Refresher course three years after completion
Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies, modules backed by clear examples and recognizable scenarios.
The course covers eight interactive modules:
- Introducing managing safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and materials supplied for subsequent use in the workplace
- Interactive quiz and discussions
- Practical exercise based on the operations of a real business
- Successful delegates awarded a Managing Safely certificate
IOSH Managing Safely has both strong positive outcomes for the delegate and their businesses:
Top 5 business benefits
- Greater productivity – fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organization-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Internationally recognized certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Top 5 delegate benefits
- Ensures you can assess and control risks and hazards
- Ensures you understand your own responsibilities for safety and health
- Enables you to investigate incidents
- Empowers you to measure your own performance
- Allows for personal reflections on good practice
At the conclusion of the course delegates are required to undertake a multi-format assessment and a short workplace based practical project. Delegates must complete their project and return it to the tutor within 14 days of the course completion. Delegates who successfully complete the assessments at the end of the course are awarded an IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely.
There are no prerequisites for this course however it is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.